So insurance will NOT cover the laparoscopy to look for endometriosis. Shit. Not that I was in any way looking forward to going through a laparoscopy (especially since I have to fly to Boston 2 days later), but it would have been nice to have that information and something to treat if something was there.
Well….my Friday’s now open….anyone wanna catch a movie?
We are repeating the Beta 3 integrin biopsy (super gross) at the end of this cycle/end of the month so we will see if it is again negative or if it’s positive (it can change month to month). I am also taking delestrogen – injectable estrogen – every other night to see if this stronger medicine can take care of the “out of phase” issue with my endometrial lining (build up the quality not just the quantity). So that’s two things we’re hoping to fix with this trial/test cycle.
If that Beta 3 integrin’s negative again they want to treat me as if I have endometriosis: Lupron for 3 months or Birth Control pills with Letrozole/Femara (don’t know how long that would be) to hopefully shrink whatever might be there (might be there because we don’t know if I even have endometriosis because I can’t get an exploratory laparoscopy – Eat a D insurance company) and get the environment more suitable (Beta 3 positive) for implantation and occupation.
Now here’s the pickle: we don’t have that kind of time. My hubbo’s contract is up in a few months and our bells & whistles insurance is tied to that. I.e. our fertility coverage goes away end of May/June-ish – he’s in touch with his HR person to get a firm answer on what timeline we’re looking at.
So….we may have to say Fuck It to all this stuff (remember: “ignore all this info and proceed” was one of the options Dr. Hail Mary gave us) and move forward with an honest-to-goodness-low-probability-of-success-but-giving-it-a-shot-anyway IVF starting next month.
Timeline for now: some bloodwork & ultrasounds on 15th, 20th & 25th to see how body’s responding to delestrogen/progesterone trial cycle, Beta 3 integrin biopsy on 30th or 31st…..then we wait the 10ish days for that test to come back.
AND! We really need to make a decision on when to move forward with the adoption process – we’re not getting any younger and that’s a (probably….potentially) LONG process. The first step is 10-12 weeks of paperwork/interviews to get past the home visit stage….which is the point at which potential birth mothers can start seeing your profile. The woman we met with felt we were great candidates, in part because we have very few limitations on the child we’re looking for – we just need to fill out the application and get going.
But you know – who wants to drop a few thousand on the start of an adoption process only to find out their IVF worked (Hail Mary!!!). It’s only a few more months of waiting…but I’m feeling antsy about making things happen/wanting to be proactive.
It’s alot. It’s all alot. For the first time I wonder if I’m cracking a bit under the pressure. I’m mostly okay but there are a few more “rain cloud” moments within the day where I’m thinking too much and wondering when the tide will turn. I still have all the faith that we’ll end up with our family – it’s just feeling like it’s taking an awfully long time to get there.
Clearly I need to go that Liam Neeson movie and hope for some throat punching….Friday? Anyone? Chicago? My treat!